I am tempted with Sin. . . . . .

PDA
Dwayne
11-22-2011, 04:02 PM
http://rjrenner.blogspot.com/

The temptation of owning such a rifle. . .:psycho::psycho::psycho:

Sometimes you need to ask all your buddies to help keep your head on straight.

If you enjoyed reading about "I am tempted with Sin. . . . . ." here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Popeye
11-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Tempting...

Dr Dave
11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Graceful! Looks like some of the old British SxSs in Bass Pro's Fine Gun Room. Three grand isn't that much. And if sin kept you out of heaven, no one would go...

Blammer
11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Drool-proof Keyboard!:D:loveeyes::up:

Seamaster
11-22-2011, 06:10 PM
looks like it would fit in the casket.

budroe
11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Look at the ad again; that's not sin - its common sense. It might possibly be a sin to pass up on such a weapon!!

Dwayne
11-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Look at the ad again; that's not sin - its common sense. It might possibly be a sin to pass up on such a weapon!!

Hey bud. . .You ainīt being a very good friend. ..;):D:D:D:D

bluedlightning
11-23-2011, 07:47 AM
That is one nice weapon. And the flint lock Jager Buchse is exceptional looking peice. You have good taste.:up:

Dwayne
11-23-2011, 09:37 AM
I am looking that the underhammer. . . .My cousin shoots competition with Underhammer pistols.

I also know that I can purchase the Barrel for 270 dollars. . . Then the question becomes: Do I have the willpower to design and make such a weapon. . . Or purchase such a weapon for 3K.

StrawHat
11-24-2011, 06:08 AM
A beautiful rifle! The underhammer is a natural for hunting or target work, although the twist for those rifles might be a bit slow for targets. That twist and the Forsythe rifling beg for large amounts of powder and patched round ball. The dual cones for sure ignition is a fantastic idea. For the money, I know I could not duplicate it. I have made underhammers but nothing that elegant, just plain ordinary shooters.

The 20 bore may be considered a bit light in caliber but certainly would work for most game in North America. A 16 would be the ticket. The 12, more of the same!

Thank you for sharing the temptation. Now you may be responsible for my fall...

Dwayne
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
A beautiful rifle! The underhammer is a natural for hunting or target work, although the twist for those rifles might be a bit slow for targets. That twist and the Forsythe rifling beg for large amounts of powder and patched round ball. The dual cones for sure ignition is a fantastic idea. For the money, I know I could not duplicate it. I have made underhammers but nothing that elegant, just plain ordinary shooters.

The 20 bore may be considered a bit light in caliber but certainly would work for most game in North America. A 16 would be the ticket. The 12, more of the same!

Thank you for sharing the temptation. Now you may be responsible for my fall...

We ought to make a deal here. . .You buy me one, and I will buy you one. . .<VBG>:D We will both go away smiling as great friends. . .:five::wave:

Dwayne
11-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe if I talk to the guy some more and order two. . .maybe a better price?:D:D:D:D:D

HK4U
11-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Dwayne if it will make you feel any better you could buy two and send me one.:D

Wayne the Shrink
11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Want!! Faeton Bronze, scroll hammer w/fob, Graduated Adjustable Aperture sight, Damascus barrel finish. Don't want much, do I? Probably would want an upgrade in the wood, too, just for kicks and grins. I would guess I'd be pushing four grand - not likely in this life!

StrawHat
11-30-2011, 07:49 AM
I'd be happy just getting one of the barrels! I acn always wrap something around it to make it go bang, perhaps a stalking rifle. But I sure would like one of the Faetons!

PreserveFreedom
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Looks like they thread the nipples through the breech plug the way that CVA used to thread a drum through the breechplug. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it means it is not going to come apart easily if you ever need to take the breech plug out. It will go back together even less easily. Just the same, I need to get something to wipe up this puddle of drool now. :p

Dwayne
12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Looks like they thread the nipples through the breech plug the way that CVA used to thread a drum through the breechplug. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it means it is not going to come apart easily if you ever need to take the breech plug out. It will go back together even less easily. Just the same, I need to get something to wipe up this puddle of drool now. :p

i talked to the guy. .. the gun is not made to come apart. . .

Dwayne
12-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Darn you Budroe, Dave, and the others. . ..what kind of a "fiend" are you all???

You made me sin. . .;)

StrawHat
12-29-2011, 05:49 AM
...You made me sin. . .;)

So, when do we get to see the pictures??

Dwayne
12-29-2011, 10:02 AM
So, when do we get to see the pictures??

He said about 3 months before it will be done. I had it custom made with some extra's. I put a 1200 dollar deposit down yesterday.

HK4U
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Dwayne my offer still stands to take possession of it if it will ease your conscience.:D

Dwayne
12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Dwayne my offer still stands to take possession of it if it will ease your conscience.:D

<chuckle> thanks bro. . . you sure did a hell of a job talking me out of it. . . :D:D:D

Gravedigger
12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Don't be a skinflint, get it !

I know,not much help.....You sinner ! :D
Ready to confess ?

StrawHat
12-30-2011, 06:36 AM
He said about 3 months before it will be done. I had it custom made with some extra's. I put a 1200 dollar deposit down yesterday.

Congratulations!:tiphat:

So sometime around April or May we get to see the photos, good for you! Can't wait to hear how it performs for you.

If you enjoyed reading about "I am tempted with Sin. . . . . ." here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!