It's here! It's here!

PDA
gunfan
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I am at work, and the Taurus is on my hip! (Damn these skinny belts, it is making my pants sag!) :mad: :down:

The handgun is a relatively well-built little revolver for the money, has a pinned barrel and looks as if it is a virtual clone of the S&W Model 31 Regulation Police. If It had a set of smaller grips, it would look more like a S&W Model 30 Hand Ejector. The only difference between the two manufacturers is the slightly "rough hewn" appearance of the Taurus.

From what I can see, it seems as if it will be an adequate performer. After I get it out to the range, I'll let you know how it runs. :D :up:

Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "It's here! It's here!" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
budroe
02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Glad you finally got it in. Get it out to the range and let us know how it shoots for you.

gunfan
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Glad you finally got it in. Get it out to the range and let us know how it shoots for you.

Thanks. The difference between this and the S&W RP is this little revolver has adjustable sights.

Not bad for a "budget" revolver, eh? :D ;)

Scott

jimfox
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM

What budroe said. :D

Dr Dave
02-01-2012, 04:48 PM
+1 to budroe, my friend.

gunfan
02-01-2012, 05:36 PM
What confounds me, is the fact that the grip is quite large in relation to the grip frame. It feels good in the hand.

The action is stiff and there isn't any appreciable wear in the bore, on the frame on the recoil shield or on the barrel's forcing cone. (Put these all together and they indicate that the revolver hasn't been shot very much at all.) It is almost new. I spoke to an older man at S&W today and he said that the frame for these handguns were made by Smith & Wesson! What's not to like? :cool: :D

For $175.00, I couldn't go wrong! :D :up:

Scott

bluedlightning
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
How about some pics of that lil gun?

gunfan
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/269144000/269144857/pix790897082.jpg

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/269144000/269144857/pix070130286.jpg

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/269599000/269599218/pix714964950.jpg

Here's the whole photo array.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269599218

I hope that this works.

Scott

gunfan
02-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Is that better?

Scott

budroe
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Scott - all your links are working fine!!!!

Nice looking little revolver. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

gunfan
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Scott - all your links are working fine!!!!

Nice looking little revolver. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks, Bureau. the mainspring is VERY strong! An "unintentional discharge" with this particular revolver will be highly unlikely! :NO:

BTW, the finish is in 97% condition. There's a lot to like with this little revolver! ;) :up:

Scott

jimfox
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
What confounds me, is the fact that the grip is quite large in relation to the grip frame. It feels good in the hand.

The action is stiff and there isn't any appreciable wear in the bore, on the frame on the recoil shield or on the barrel's forcing cone. (Put these all together and they indicate that the revolver hasn't been shot very much at all.) It is almost new. I spoke to an older man at S&W today and he said that the frame for these handguns were made by Smith & Wesson! What's not to like? :cool: :D

For $175.00, I couldn't go wrong! :D :up:

Scott

Scott - you may find you really like the larger grips. If so - fine. You might rummage around in your junk box (or with friends) and see if you can find some S&W scale type grips for a "j" or and "i-frame" that fit your piece.

deputy
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I am at work, and the Taurus is on my hip! (Damn these skinny belts, it is making my pants sag!) :mad: :down:

suspenders are our friends...............:up:

gunfan
02-01-2012, 10:21 PM
suspenders are our friends...............:up:

Truth be told, the "skinny" belt will be exchanged tomorrow for an "inside belt" that helped hold up my Sam Browne back in the day. I like using something heavier when I'm not wearing my shoulder rig. (I have to alter my shoulder holster for each individual handgun I carry.)

Most of the time I carry my Kel-Tec P-11 in the shoulder holster. It works well, but I may begin carrying my S&W Airweight. All day carry needs to be comfortable, while packing a decent deterrent. You are all familiar with how that works. Just the display of a handgun can change the mind of someone bent on carrying out a violent attack. (Many of us have been there, done that!)

Scott

StrawHat
02-02-2012, 04:54 AM
If the grips are too big for comfort, a rasp is your friend.

gunfan
02-02-2012, 11:08 AM
If the grips are too big for comfort, a rasp is your friend.

After careful consideration, I think that the current grips are just fine. (It may just prove nearly impossible to find replacements anyway.)

Scott

bluedlightning
02-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Sharp looking little pistol. Its not as fine as a S&W but its still nice.

gunfan
02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Sharp looking little pistol. Its not as fine as a S&W but its still nice.

It may be a "budget" revolver chambered in .32 S&W Long, but it feels good in my hand and points naturally. For a grand sum and total of $241.40 I think that I "caught" a nice concealment revolver. It should work well on the range and in my shoulder holster (where it is sits as we speak.) :cool: :D :up:

Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "It's here! It's here!" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!