Army Labeled Evangelicals as Religious Extremists

PDA
HK4U
04-06-2013, 07:23 PM
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/army-labeled-evangelicals-as-religious-extremism.html

A U.S. Army training instructor listed Evangelical Christianity and Catholicism as examples of religious extremism along with Al Qaeda and Hamas during a briefing with an Army Reserve unit based in Pennsylvania, Fox News has learned.

If you enjoyed reading about "Army Labeled Evangelicals as Religious Extremists" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Stevejet
04-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Army spokesman George Wright told Fox News that this was an “isolated incident not condoned by the Dept. of the Army.”

“This slide was not produced by the Army and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine,” he said. “It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.”

Wright said after the complaint was lodged, the presenter deleted the slide, and apologized.

“We consider the matter closed,” he said.

Kinda' speaks for itself, eh?

badlabs
04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
What has happened to our military? It was once a bastion of honor and a profession to be admired and now it's become just another social engineering cesspool.

Sooner or later, this kind of behavior has got to affect recruitment numbers if it hasn't already. I feel bad for those who protect and defend us because I know with certainty that the majority of our military folks are not going to be happy about this.

Badlabs.

Tim Sullivan
04-06-2013, 11:36 PM
The Army has been a social engineering playground for many, many years. It's a brilliant (albeit disgusting) political strategy, if you think about it. You take a (largely young) group of people who essentially MUST COMPLY with whatever nonsensical ideas are popular at the moment, indoctrinate them thoroughly (by force if necessary), and in a few years move to spread the contagion to the wider society, using the troops as carriers and whatever BS statistics of "successful policy implementation" you care to fabricate. :mad:

We can only hope that this is, as described, "an isolated incident."

Popeye
04-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Army spokesman George Wright told Fox News that this was an “isolated incident not condoned by the Dept. of the Army.”

“This slide was not produced by the Army and certainly does not reflect our policy or doctrine,” he said. “It was produced by an individual without anyone in the chain of command’s knowledge or permission.”

Wright said after the complaint was lodged, the presenter deleted the slide, and apologized.

“We consider the matter closed,” he said.

Kinda' speaks for itself, eh?

Yup

badlabs
04-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Kind of a contradiction. The military trains to kill people and break things but now must do it in a kinder, gentler way.

Badlabs.

boris007
04-07-2013, 11:10 AM
as a christian i am proud to wear the label if that's what they want.

HK4U
04-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I am sure if Christ walked the earth in physical form today he would be labeled an an extremist and probable a terrorist also.

Conservative Wife & Mom
04-07-2013, 01:26 PM
as a christian i am proud to wear the label if that's what they want.

Me too, boris! :up:

HK4U
04-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Me three.

JJFlash
04-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I am sure if Christ walked the earth in physical form today he would be labeled an an extremist and probable a terrorist also.

I do believe He was labeled that when he WAS here on earth physically, was He not? It's all we, as Christian Patriots, can expect then, and indeed, were warned about.

HK4U
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I do believe He was labeled that when he WAS here on earth physically, was He not? It's all we, as Christian Patriots, can expect then, and indeed, were warned about.

True.

Popeye
04-07-2013, 06:28 PM
From the article

Remove the ranting from the article and there it is.

Stevejet
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Mr. Wright, the Army spokesman, seems to have a firm grasp of the obvious and has stated it!

HK4U
04-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Mr. Wright, the Army spokesman, seems to have a firm grasp of the obvious and has stated it!

Hopefully that is true and not just CYA damage controle.

Urzandowski
04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Keep the faith my friends, Its hard to believe this report,

The Defense Department came under fire Thursday for a U.S. Army Reserve presentation that classified Catholics and Evangelical Protestants as “extremist” religious groups alongside al Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan,

continued ...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/5/dod-presentation-classifies-catholics-evangelicals/?page=all

HK4U
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Keep the faith my friends, Its hard to believe this report,

The Defense Department came under fire Thursday for a U.S. Army Reserve presentation that classified Catholics and Evangelical Protestants as “extremist” religious groups alongside al Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan,

continued ...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/5/dod-presentation-classifies-catholics-evangelicals/?page=all

I have been accused by a few here of right wing fear mongering for posting the same thing. But hey, I could not care less what they think.

JJFlash
04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
DoD covered its ass, here, too, by claiming it was produced by an individual w/o official sanction. Why am I having trouble with this? It's like I've seen it somewhere before or something. :psycho:

boris007
04-09-2013, 11:17 AM
DoD covered its ass, here, too, by claiming it was produced by an individual w/o official sanction. Why am I having trouble with this? It's like I've seen it somewhere before or something. :psycho:

you have seen this before ... in a official DHS report.....

budroe
04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Have any of you guys ever put in more than an hour in the military?? Are you saying every briefing or meeting you sat in was approved word for word by DoD, or even your own military command?? This was a stupid EO seminar for God's sake; given to weekend warriors - and forgive me if I've forgotten; but is there even a U.S. Army base in Pa.?? The instructor was probably a civilian, not at all unusual. she was there to stimulate discussion and get the class involved - have none of you guys ever sat through a EO seminar?? If so, were there never controversial statements and outright lies thrown out by the instructor. Damn!!! I left the Army in 1984, and this kind of **** was going on back then.

Do you think the idiot who wrote this article really mistook the EO class leader with the U.S. Army?? Or is this just some more of the same right wing fear mongering that HK4U and I both despise??

JJFlash
04-09-2013, 01:11 PM
OK, OK, there's absolutely nothing going on, then. All is right in the land. Guess I'll just go back to sleep. ;)

(Btw, I don't feel the need to prove my bona-fides. Suffice it to say I've sat in on my share of military briefings.)

budroe
04-09-2013, 01:47 PM
JJ, I know you put in your time with the MIL. And I think you've seen similar screw ups in the past that weren't sanctioned by DoD, or even a major MIL command. I'd imagine if the instructor could be identified, she would be found to be some junior college instructor supplementing her income by doing some contract work for the Army Reserves. I'd also imagine she'll be looking for a new part time job asap.

boris007
04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Have any of you guys ever put in more than an hour in the military?? Are you saying every briefing or meeting you sat in was approved word for word by DoD, or even your own military command?? This was a stupid EO seminar for God's sake; given to weekend warriors - and forgive me if I've forgotten; but is there even a U.S. Army base in Pa.?? The instructor was probably a civilian, not at all unusual. she was there to stimulate discussion and get the class involved - have none of you guys ever sat through a EO seminar?? If so, were there never controversial statements and outright lies thrown out by the instructor. Damn!!! I left the Army in 1984, and this kind of **** was going on back then.

Do you think the idiot who wrote this article really mistook the EO class leader with the U.S. Army?? Or is this just some more of the same right wing fear mongering that HK4U and I both despise??
yes i have.
no
can't remember either.
the discussion was/ is being stimulated as you can see.
goverments come and go. lies and goals usually don't change.
nope never sat through one.
fear mongering? i would bet no one on the board is afraid. pissed off? you better believe it. try to stay aware of what is going on? you bet.

budroe
04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I hope you don't have a blood pressure problem. You seem to get pissed off often and easily over a lot of meaningless drivel and made up conspiracies. I don't know how you can spend so much time on the make believe and still have time to stay aware of the real problems.

JJFlash
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Ok, everybody, all together now...deeeep breaths...once again, deeeep breaths....There, now don't we all feel a little better? :D

I'm just glad all you mad characters are on my side. I think. :psycho:

Popeye
04-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I don't know how you can spend so much time on the make believe and still have time to stay aware of the real problems.

Therein lies the real problem. Disinformation is allowed to distract.

HK4U
04-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Ok, everybody, all together now...deeeep breaths...once again, deeeep breaths....There, now don't we all feel a little better? :D

I'm just glad all you mad characters are on my side. I think. :psycho:

You would be welcome in my bunker JJ. Wait a minute I don't have a bunker cause that would be right wing extremism.:D;)

Urzandowski
04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
:hide:

Stevejet
04-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Find any loose change back there?

gunfan
04-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I'll accept the label for HIS namesake!

Amen!

Scott

HK4U
04-09-2013, 07:53 PM

Amen!

Scott

:up:

Popeye
04-09-2013, 09:09 PM
You proselytize, the thread goes to the attic.

HK4U
04-09-2013, 09:19 PM
pros·e·ly·tizedpros·e·ly·tiz·ing

Definition of PROSELYTIZE

intransitive verb
: to induce someone to convert to one's faith
: to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause
transitive verb
: to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause
— pros·e·ly·ti·za·tion noun
— pros·e·ly·tiz·er noun

O.K. Where did this happen? I must have missed it.

Popeye
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Your attempts at cuteness have failed.

Popeye
04-09-2013, 09:24 PM

Amen!

Scott

This attempt at cuteness also failed.

HK4U
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I was not trying to be cute I was pointing out how absurd your lame comment about proselytizing was. Anyone with half a brain knows what gunfan said was not proselytizing

JJFlash
04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
:hide:

INCOMING!!!

budroe
04-09-2013, 11:44 PM
HK4U - its time to be careful here. The decision was made by a mod to move the thread because of obvious religious references. You don't like the decision, that's your decision; but your comments are starting to get over the line. I'd recommend you stick to commenting on the OP, let the personal stuff end now.

HK4U
04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
The OP was
Army Labeled Evangelicals as Religious Extremists.

Not sure how or why bringing God into that discussion was wrong but so be it.

budroe
04-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks!!

Blammer
04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
:mad: Remember a Navy reserve "indoctrination" lecture to the entire reserve Brigade (at lest we were at parade-res) By our CO (a reserve Commander, and an insurance salesman inn Civilian life,:rolleyes: = Apparently the "Boss" had a peeve about how the modern (then) "yout'" were turning out to be Beatnicks & HIPPIES!:psycho: He couldn't recognize a difference of a couple generations and the ravings of the popular (conservative) media. He Made one moronic statement that stuck in my memory: SQUARE IS GOOD = ,he spewed on about the virtues of 'square' for several minutes before he ran out of ego. Word came down fromthe Naval District to "cool It Man!' ;):P
Oh well, at leas we were PAID to endure this ignorant babble:P

Sounds like nothing has changed.;)

JJFlash
04-10-2013, 01:00 PM
To quote a famous person, was either Rodney King or deputy: Can't we all just get along? ;)

HK4U
04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
To quote a famous person, was either Rodney King or deputy: Can't we all just get along? ;)

Peace, and love brother. Peace and love.:D

Blammer
04-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Was the purpose of this thread:down:
=Spreading disinformation in the cause of ANY agenda.
The Attic is for game-playing and giving GOD the credit.;)

HK4U
04-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Was the purpose of this thread:down:
=Spreading disinformation in the cause of ANY agenda.
The Attic is for game-playing and giving GOD the credit.;)

That is your opinion and as usual you are wrong but you are entitled to be wrong again and to have your opinion like everyone else.

Urzandowski
04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Find any loose change back there?

No, but I see the dog has been back here.

INCOMING!!!

Oh crad! Thats for sure.

:bolt:

Urzandowski
04-11-2013, 04:02 PM
My apologies for what I posted.
Originally it was in "Latest Headlines" how it got here :dunno:

However, as I learned there was A person that stated what he did. But, If one person has said this there are others that think it. Kinda like a termite nest, if you see one there are more than likely thousands more.

The reason I posted this is because the anti christian idea is growing, and we are under attack, and we need to be aware.

My intent was not fear mongering, this is a real threat that is only starting. It is something we can not ignore.

HK4U, sorry for the heat, Bro, I owe you a Root Beer, or 3.

HK4U
04-11-2013, 04:09 PM
My apologies for what I posted.
Originally it was in "Latest Headlines" how it got here :dunno:

However, as I learned there was A person that stated what he did. But, If one person has said this there are others that think it. Kinda like a termite nest, if you see one there are more than likely thousands more.

The reason I posted this is because the anti christian idea is growing, and we are under attack, and we need to be aware.

My intent was not fear mongering, this is a real threat that is only starting. It is something we can not ignore.

HK4U, sorry for the heat, Bro, I owe you a Root Beer, or 3.

No problem not your fault but if I ever get up your way I may take you up on the Root Beer. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Army Labeled Evangelicals as Religious Extremists" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!