C&R Guns

PDA
bullfrog
04-14-2003, 07:39 AM
I found what looks to be a good supplier of c&r guns and if you send a copy of your ffl they send you a monthly flyer. I will try to post a link www.southernohiogun.com I don't know if that will work.:dunno:

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Guns" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Redrum
04-14-2003, 09:09 AM
I put my app i the mail today....Oh lawd.........what have I done???:dunno: :OMG: :dunno:

merc
04-14-2003, 01:31 PM
If you want decen t C&R guns at decent prices with unparralled customer service.....
LC Enterprises
A.I M.
JLD Enterprises
Century
I have bought stuff from S.O.G. and theoir customer services is terrible.

bullfrog
04-14-2003, 05:06 PM
hey merc thanks for the heads up on sog

USP45usp
04-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Thanks all for the heads up. Me and Red are just now trying to get ours and the more I see (and the more prices I see) the more I hope the rabies don't kill me until I'm in Red's place and have to either add on to the house or just build a giant safe out back.

I was always under the impression that c&r guns were all flintlocks or BP types. Or only types that had BP cartriages and not any type of modern guns (except maybe a few rifles).

Thanks again, I love those prices... err guns (actually, both :D).

USP45usp

armoredman
04-15-2003, 02:11 PM
I have thought about a CRFL, but the cost and the inevitable expense of actually buying these guns....ah, the headaches caused by flying frying pans.....
I would like another K98, and believe it or not, a MAS36....had one years ago, couldn't find round one for it....

cheekser
04-15-2003, 10:08 PM
ya'll gotta stop all this talk of C&Rs, or I'm gonna have to put in my papers.....

merc
04-17-2003, 04:44 PM
I prefer C&R firearms.
I consider myself a "collector" (if only self proclaimed)
I currently own over 40 guns and don't think I am done.
Lots of C7R collectables still out there.

Redrum
04-17-2003, 04:46 PM
merc...What 'cha got in that there collection??? Got any pics to share?

Don45cal
04-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Pics Please!! :D

USP45usp
04-17-2003, 05:37 PM
I've been looking at some on the net and even though I'm not really into rifles, there are some neat ones out there. Also some really weird looking pistols. Most of the stuff is still in the upper hundreds (and I've seen some really uppity thousands, I'll get a SMG first) but still not bad. I've been looking at the C&R list from the ATF and am surprised that there isn't as many C&R stuff for sale out there, especially American guns. Mainly imported stuff but that's not a big deal, at some of the prices that I've seen, I can get some guns for experimental work cheap (like sportarizing but only if it's a gun that you can get anywhere and not rare/hard to get).

I do have a question (merc?) about some of the machine guns that are listed on the C&R. I'm guessing that you still have to pay the $200 "sin tax" on it and get permission. f

Also (merc?), the M1 Carbine. It's not listed (that I could tell) on the atf list but the M2 is. The M2, unless I'm wrong, is the full auto version of the M1. Why is the fully auto "authorized" but not the semi-auto version?

I've got lots of questions (merc?) about this. I still ain't got the license yet (and I should get, I've been a good little boy :D ) but since I've been looking, the questions keep on coming.

I do have a bound book already... I've got a "special pen" also that is just for enteries :D :D

USP45usp

merc
04-17-2003, 06:01 PM
pics?-here ya go
http://boards.rennlist.com/lfupload/crrifles.jpg

merc
04-17-2003, 06:10 PM
USP
machine guns still fall under full auto and most states require a special permit and then you need to buy another fed slip and pay a special tax. Full autos are just too complicated for me.
Someone else might be able to give you a better or more acurate answer.

the M1 Carbine is C&R eleigible if it was made more than 50 years ago.

cheekser
04-18-2003, 09:15 AM
USP: sometimes it doesnt matter how old the gun is in order for it to be classified as C&R. if a gun is rare in some way, as in "not many produced," it can be C&R eligible. its been a while since i read the list, but isnt one of the AMT Automags listed?? certainly not old.

merc
04-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Here is a sample of my handguns
some are C&R and some are not.
I just picked up that Broomhandle yesterday
http://boards.rennlist.com/lfupload/handgunsjp.jpg

armoredman
04-20-2003, 07:12 AM
You lucky devil, a Colt Z40! Greatest DAO trigger I ever handled, and if I had known how rare they are I would have plunked down the $400 (!!) they were asking.....

merc
04-20-2003, 02:24 PM
armor
Do you get the CDNN cataog?
you can download it off there web site.
They have the CZ40 under 300

Carlos
04-25-2003, 04:21 PM
don't forget J&G Sales, InterOrdnance, Century. Be sure to mail a C&R to Brownell's and you'll get their super catalog and a huge discount. Same as with Midway USA, as far as discount goes.

Enjoy.

Pathfinder
04-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Now, I have got the bug...

AND the paperwork!

Sheesh:OMG:

Don45cal
04-25-2003, 05:39 PM
WOW!! Great collection!!!!!!!!!! Am I going to have to get a C&R? :dunno:

Maybe I will!! :D

Gusgus
04-26-2003, 04:43 AM
Nice collection there merc.

C&R licenses are worthless in Jersey, as all purchases, including C&R guns still have to be shipped to a Class 1 FFL, and C&R handguns still require a Pistol Purchase Permit per gun.

Under Jersey gun laws, modern firearms, C&R Firearms, air guns, bb guns, and black powder are all the same.

Looks like it may be another year before I can get out of here.

:OHNO:

merc
04-26-2003, 05:14 AM
Gus
that don't sound too good.
I knew that Mass. and Calif. were terrible states when it came to firearms but I didn't know NJ was like that too.
I have been around firearms for nearly 40 years now. I still don't understand how each state can override our constitional rights and make their own laws.
As much as I hate to say it-the feds ought to step in and make one law for all. Everyone has right to carry---we already have a nics check----an FFL can buy or sell across state lines---a C&R FFL can buy and sell C&R'S across state lines and there you have it.

Redrum
04-26-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Pathfinder
Now, I have got the bug...

AND the paperwork!

Sheesh:OMG:

PBH !!!! Doc and I ha NOTHING to do with this!!! We are mere innocent bystanders!!!!!! Honest!!!!!:OHNO: :dunno: :OHNO: :lool:

merc...you have the one pistol that should be in every collection...the Bersa Thunder 380!!! Great little handgun and a great price!!! Not C&R, but WTH...

You have some very nice toys there sir!!! Mind if I come over and wallow in your safe? :lol:

merc
04-27-2003, 05:26 AM
Redrum
you can come over any time.
Just added an Ortgies 7.65 (.32 acp) to the stock pile. Nice little German gun made between 1918-1929.
I suspect this one was made around the early 20's due to the slide markings and the grip insignia.
These were issued to Americans (and others) that spied for us.
here is a pic
hope you like it
http://boards.rennlist.com/lfupload/ortgies3.jpg

armoredman
04-27-2003, 11:11 AM
My brother had an Ortgies .32 some time ago - nice pistol for it's day.
OK, who do I go to or how do I get the paperwork for this license?

armoredman
04-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by merc
armor
Do you get the CDNN cataog?
you can download it off there web site.
They have the CZ40 under 300

Sorry, I thought that was a Colt Z40, not the CZ40. The Colt was less than 800 made, we had six of them at Jensens - had no idea they were rare, and sold them for $400. Colts were DAO, CZs are DA/SA.

merc
04-27-2003, 12:20 PM
the cz40 started out as a joint venture between CZ and Colt.
For some reason Colt pulled out of the project after the initial run.
The box actually said Colt-CZ40 on it and the owners manual says Colt also.
Armoredman
You can download the application off the ATF's web site.
Fill it out and make a copy of it.
Send the copy to your Cheif of Police and the other with the fee to the ATF.
That is all there is to it.

Old Soldier
04-27-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by armoredman
My brother had an Ortgies .32 some time ago - nice pistol for it's day.
OK, who do I go to or how do I get the paperwork for this license?

AM, here is the web page http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/5000.htm#firearms or use this one http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/print2.htm :wine:

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Guns" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!