The Best Subcompact 40 S&W?

PDA
Richard
11-27-2003, 07:01 AM
I wondering what the members of this board feel is the best 40 S&W subcompact pistol? Give your opinion and rational. Thanks, Richard:D

If you enjoyed reading about "The Best Subcompact 40 S&W?" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Sir Knight
11-27-2003, 07:11 AM
There is only one SUBCOMPACT .40S&W pistol that I am aware of and that is the Kahr MK40 ... everything else would be considered a COMPACT or larger.

Richard
11-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Alan, I was thinking of anything smaller than a Glock 19 etc. Regards, Richard:D

armoredman
11-27-2003, 07:59 AM
The new CZ RAMI will be interesting....other than that I don't like sub compacts in large calibers - harder to control. I fired one mag out of a KelTec P40 - not for me.

matthewdanger
11-27-2003, 12:17 PM
AM is right, the RAMI will be interesting. I like the Glock 27 for capacity and the Kahr for looks and operation.

armoredman
11-28-2003, 08:01 AM
Go simply compact, and dress around it.

Richard
12-03-2003, 05:07 AM
You already know I carry a custom Kahr K40 but I also own a Glock 27, Sig P239, and recently bought a S&W CS40. I am usually opinionated but I definitely can't decide which of mine I like best. These are all great carry pieces.

I like the Kahr because it is simple to use and as flat as a 1911. My G27 shoots very well, is easy to conceal, and holds 10 rounds. I liked the Sig P239 the least because I have large hands and the grips were too small for me. I have solved this problem with a set of Nill grips.

The sleeper is the CS40. These are available at bargain prices and are a joy to shoot and carry. I prefer my CS40 for shooting and carry to my friend's S&W 4003.

Regards, Richard:D

Gray Fox
12-11-2003, 08:20 PM
I have the KAHR PM9 I considered the PM40 but I felt the recoil was a little to harsh. You can't beat the Ultra Concealability of the PM or MK Series the measurements are almost the same. with the exception of the width of the .40 caliber. the 9mm is .90" wide and the .40 caliber is .94" wide a minute difference.

I may get the PM40 or the P40 which is slightly larger overall but absorbs the recoil much better.

Some folks also consider the number of rounds when seeking a compact but going to a double stack will undoubtedly lead to a larger pistol.

DD698
12-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Folks: I like my Sig P239 best of all. I had Sig do a custom job on the action and it shoots very well. In addition to this I bought a 9mm Bar Sto barrel to shot the less expensive round in it. For a combat type gun it is VERY accurate.

First Freedom
12-16-2003, 06:31 PM
I don't know, but if there's ever either a Springfield XD subcompact, or a CZ RAMI in .40, I'm sure I'll want one. particularly the XD. But I'd look for the CZ in this caliber first in time, if I had to bet which...

Kahr MK40, G27, and KelTec 40 present choices in that area, if you want to call the latter 2 subcompacts (I would call the G27 a subcompact - after all, there are THREE larger sizes of Glocks. Not sure about the KelTec, whether compact or SUB-compact. I think the Sig 239 is more of a "compact" category. MANY other choices in that category.)

Ala Dan
12-23-2003, 02:19 AM
Greeting's & Merry Christmas To All-

Richard, the only .40 caliber sub-compact that
I have owned has been the Glock 27. Fine little pistol,
but a bit bulky for front pocket carry; when dressed in
comfortable attire. I think most persons choosing
this caliber would be looking for something with a little
slimmer design?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Colt4thHorseman
01-01-2004, 09:30 AM
I have a H&K USP 40 compact and the Sig P239. I like the Sig a whole lot better.

Eric VonZipper
01-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Ive owned Kahrs, a Keltec KT p11 and a quandry of others. Id say a K40 is the most versatile in its size, shape, grip and weight for the 40 rnd. Its heavy enough to assist in recoil, slim enough to conceal well, ergonomically perfect and just a damn fine gun.
I carry a P11 KT in my pocket as its just a BUG and is very fine in that role.
Shoot well..........

If you enjoyed reading about "The Best Subcompact 40 S&W?" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!