Seeking holster information

PDA
jimfox
12-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Years back Bianchi made a thumb snap holster (#5 I believe) with the belt loop formed by looping the leather on the inside of the holster back and down and sewing it in place. This placed the top of the belt at approximately the top - or slightly above - the top of the cylinder on a revolver.

Their current 5BH and 5BHL have a second piece of leather sewn to the back of the holster for the belt loop and this places the top of the belt midway or lower toward the bottom of the cylinder.

Does anyone know of a current maker that has an offering similar to the old Bianchi design.

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking holster information" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Rabbi
12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi Jim,

I cannot answer your question directly but there is a website you might wanna check out: www.rigrate.com

It has boo-coo info and discussions on all kinds of leather and synthetic rigs for carrying guns.

I'm trying to track down an old Bianchi or Safariland cross draw holster for a Ruger Speed Six that I wore off duty in the early eighties. It had a spring steel frame that allowed you to bust the gun out thru the top OR front.

Good luck,

Rabbi (DocWilly)

jimfox
12-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Hi Jim,

I'm trying to track down an old Bianchi or Safariland cross draw holster for a Ruger Speed Six that I wore off duty in the early eighties. It had a spring steel frame that allowed you to bust the gun out thru the top OR front.

Good luck,

Rabbi (DocWilly)Thanks for the link.

Was that their old Model 126? Came in 3 sizes with the largest size having a retaining strap?

NavyChief
12-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Not sure I completely understand the question. You might look at AKJ Concealco (http://www.concealco.com/) - while mostly IWB, I think they pretty much position the gun where you're talking about...

Jim V
12-14-2004, 09:00 AM
What size belt are you thinking of wearing it on?

I think your model number for the Bianchi holster is correct. I had one for a Smith 19/66 at one time.

I have a lot of urls for holster makers that I could list if you want.
Tex Shoemaker is an old time holster maker with both police duty and concealable leather. www.texshoemaker.com/store

Also Fist makes a large variety of holsters. www.fist-inc.com

jimfox
12-20-2004, 04:17 PM
What size belt are you thinking of wearing it on?

I think your model number for the Bianchi holster is correct. I had one for a Smith 19/66 at one time.

I have a lot of urls for holster makers that I could list if you want.
Tex Shoemaker is an old time holster maker with both police duty and concealable leather. www.texshoemaker.com/store

Also Fist makes a large variety of holsters. www.fist-inc.com
Probably on a 1.5 inch belt. For a concealment holster I like the lower placement of the belt loop, it keeps the gun high and tucked in when worn on the pants belt. With the loop made by rolling over the leather and then stitching it, the gun rides a bit lower - and, especially with smaller revolvers, "hangs" just right on a belt when the belt isn't worn through the belt loops of the pants.

I have a couple of the (apparently) discontinued Bianchi line and like them. I was hoping to find a couple more for smaller revolvers with varing barrel lengths. I'm sure other folks make what I am looking for - it's just that I was familiar with the Bianchi.

I hadn't realized Tex Shoemaker and Sons were still in business. I thought they'd gone the way of Lawrence Leather. I have one of the Shoemaker pancakes for a S&W j-frame hammerless snubby - probably older than most members here, but it still works very well. Thanks for the link.

jimfox
12-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Jim,

Good luck,

Rabbi (DocWilly)I have three of the old Bianchi cross draw holsters - model 126. The retention mechanism is similar to the Bianchi X-15 holster. I have a copy of all three - the small, medium and large. I also have a Bianchi #9R2 which was a spring clip shoulder holster with ambidextrous 1.75 inch belt slots on each side so that it could be used as a belt holster. I've used it with both a Ruger Security Six and a Model 19 - both with the short barrels.

If any of the 4 are (or are similar) to what you're looking for - PM me with a trade offer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Seeking holster information" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!