Military Flap-style Holster

PDA
OFallon
11-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a new "old style" Military flap holster for the 1911A1? Perhaps you know a leather worker who can make one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Military Flap-style Holster" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Old Soldier
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
You can find them at gun shows, and the web belt and web mag pouch too. :D :D :D :D :D

:psycho: :psycho:

jimfox
11-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Don't know how closely you want to hew to exact mil-spec - but I believe Bianchi still offers a nice leather full flap holster for the 1911. Has a sewn on belt loop rather than the metal hanger.

Huntindoc
11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
The only current manufacturer that I know of is El Paso Saddlery.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/military.html

Excellent leather. The 1911 military style holster costs $90.

OFallon
11-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Allen:

Boy they are beautiful... with leather mag pouch and USMC belt to boot! Pricey... but I think that's the way I'm going to go!

Thanks
Paul

Huntindoc
11-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Glad to help.

Show pics when you get one. I have been thinking about getting a mag pouch to go with mine. Mine is a Korean war vintage original but I don't use it much due to the top flap leather is beginning to crack.

budroe
11-16-2005, 11:34 PM
EPS can take a while to deliver, but the result is really worth the wait. They make some of the nicest looking holsters I've ever seen. I own several of them.

Rabbi
11-17-2005, 01:29 AM
I have owned two El Paso Saddlery 1911 flap holsters. The first was the 1915 WWI model with the swivel and the leg tie-down and a WWII model. Both beautifully crafted of very expensive leather. Worth every penny and more.

Jim V
01-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Old thread I know but www.ima-usa.com has both models of the military holsters. i don't know how good of leather they are made of or the gun to holster fit.

EPS is the way to go for an honest, well made military reproduction holster. I have a number of EPS belts and holsters. Great stuff.

Huntindoc
01-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Ofallon,
You need to check this out. I am sure that the EPS version is alot better but dang this is inexpensive.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=179493

OFallon
01-20-2006, 06:38 PM
I am ordering one and will give you a report! Doc, thanks for this heads up!:D

Rabbi
01-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey OFallon ....................

I hope that turns out to be a good rig for you, but isn't it going to look a little odd with a three-piece suit, Gucci loafers and a rep tie? Just curious.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

(Remember, I used to live a mile away on Cadieux and East Warren)

OFallon
01-20-2006, 09:04 PM
(Remember, I used to live a mile away on Cadieux and East Warren)Rabbi, you know the area well. That must mean you know that all of us dress in camo and carry conspicuously to and from work.:D The "top drawer" clothes travel in a garment bag, under the 12 ga.

Honestly? I shoot static paper mostly and I want a good looking rig (something different) to strut a certain .45 around the range!;)

Rabbi
01-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Gotcha ............. someday when you're driving down Cadieux from 94 ....... take a look for the house immediately behind Midas Muffler, right across from Finney H.S. That was us until 1982 or 83. :D

Huntindoc
01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Awaiting your report! Don't make us wait too long. If you like it we will all want one before they are gone.

OFallon
01-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Gotcha ............. someday when you're driving down Cadieux from 94 ....... take a look for the house immediately behind Midas Muffler, right across from Finney H.S. That was us until 1982 or 83. :D

Whoa! You are way better served being on the Left Bank (hee hee hee) than in the old "hood!" Flavor of the Pointes is changing, as well, slowly-but-surely. The really interesting part is that all the cool old buildings, downtown are being converted into condos and the flavor of downtown is rapidly reverting to pre-1940's! Last year, the crime rate for the downtown area was lower than in the Pointes!!! Kathy & I have been looking at a condo in the old Park Shelton, across from Wayne State (Gilda Radner's Dad used to own it) and that neighborhood is looking great and is populated by doctors, mostly. By the way... Brush Park is gone! It's all new condos. :D

Awaiting your report! Don't make us wait too long.

I'll report as soon as I get it! According to them, it's over-runs from a "famous maker" and I only know one... ;)

Huntindoc
02-14-2006, 01:04 PM
OK. It's been close to a month. How's the rig???

If you enjoyed reading about "Military Flap-style Holster" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!