No Black (Pro) Gun Groups. Why?

PDA
Gunslinger
06-27-2001, 11:56 AM
USP's recent thread about starting a local chapter of the Pink Pistols got me thinking again about "minority" pro gun organizations.

We have the Pink Pistols as a group who practice alternative lifestyles as a promoter of our cause and protector of our constitutional rights. And thanks to people like USP that group is growing and making a difference.
We have the Second Amendment Sisters. A group I am very proud to say I am one of the founding male members of.
We have Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Rights.

All of these groups have one thing in common. They can promote the RKBA targeting a specific group of gun owners interested in protecting and promoting our rights.

Consider this. You are a white Christian heterosexual male attending a rally to promote the RKBA. It is perfectly "politically" acceptable to the media and the masses to bash that group and accuse them of being baby killers, et. al.. But a minority group has the advantage. Fewer people are willing to blatantly and openly attack them for their pro RKBA views bacause of the "politically correct" society we find ourselves in.
These groups also make it clear to their fellow gun owners that owning a gun and promoting those rights is not only acceptable but encouraged. Many times a member of one "group" may not think they have allies or friends that share their other views that also share their gun views.

Right now we need all the help we can get. I welcome anyone to the struggle for our rights and will support them in any way I can.
So why are there no black gun groups and is there anything we can do to create or promote one?

If you enjoyed reading about "No Black (Pro) Gun Groups. Why?" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Richard J.
06-27-2001, 01:09 PM
SLinger,
I can't offer any constructive ideas about how to accomplish this, only the following observations.

One of the reasons various minority groups can gain some benenfit from the current "PC" atmosphere is because they have some claim to "victimhood." "We are victims of civil rights violations perpetrated by (whites/homophobics/anti-semites, insert appropriate group here), and therfore entitled to some special status." To have any particular group take a good stance on 2nd amendment issues would be tantamount to them saying, "We are the victims of our own unwillingness to act in our own defense." It would, to some degree, remove their "victim" status, and might result in a reduction of the "special" status they currently enjoy.

I'm not saying it can't be done; the Pink Pistols is an object lesson that it can indeed be done. However, the race issue has been in the forefront of the civil rights movement for over a century, and suggestions of self-reliance and independence are going to be greeted with greater hostility there than in any other group.

merln2
06-27-2001, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Gunslinger:
<STRONG>USP's recent thread about starting a local chapter of the Pink Pistols got me thinking again about "minority" pro gun organizations......So why are there no black gun groups and is there anything we can do to create or promote one?</STRONG>

There are such groups. Here's a link to one, The Tenth Calvary Gun Club:
http://www.blackmanwithagun.net/

Regards,

rt

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: rt adams ]

mrsMTN
06-27-2001, 07:49 PM
I checked out the web site. Kinda cool.

Grayfox
06-27-2001, 09:53 PM
I've often wondered why blacks aren't more interested in their great military history.
The 9th and 10th Calvary, aka Buffalo Soldiers, were some of the best indian fighters of the plains wars and the 10th was on Teddy Roosevelt's flank at San Juan hill.
Its a shame that today's blacks ignore such brave ancestors.

When asked how he felt about serving with black troops, a young LT. "Black Jack" Pershing replied "They'd follow me throught the gates of hell and I couldn't ask for better company."

bsampsel
06-28-2001, 11:30 AM
Had Mr. King lived, the political climate would be different...he was a good man.

Jesse Jackson, however, is a ghoul. He feeds off the problems of his fellow blacks. George Washington Carver had a quote about men like Jesse Jackson, wish I could remember it.

Anyways, have you seen what the lefty blacks do to their libertarian or right brothers/sisters? "Uncle Tom" is one of their favorite labels...perpetuating what they claim to be fighting--racism.

bryan

If you enjoyed reading about "No Black (Pro) Gun Groups. Why?" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!