What are your chances of being Robbed, Attacked or Murdered? Take the TEST!

PDA
Sir Knight
08-14-2001, 01:32 AM
What are your chances of being Robbed (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/burglary.html), Assualted (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/beaten.html) or Murdered (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/murder.html)? Take the tests (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/) and find out! I didn't score are well as I thought I would have :( Robbed (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/burglary.html) ==> 29
Assualted (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/beaten.html) ==> 18
Murdered (http://www.telalink.net/~police/risk/murder.html) ==> 6

If you enjoyed reading about "What are your chances of being Robbed, Attacked or Murdered? Take the TEST!" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
Ramangel
08-14-2001, 02:04 AM
Robbed -------> 74 :eek:
Assaulted -------> 10
Murdered ------> 6

Richard J.
08-14-2001, 06:09 AM
Robbed= -13

Murdered= -17

Beaten= -14 (I love the message with this score- the criminal is in more danger from YOU than you are from Him.)

John Henry
08-14-2001, 06:22 AM
Interesting !!!

R, = 31
A, = neg. 17
M, = neg. 25

.... and I consider my self to be "just your average old man".

Gusgus
08-14-2001, 06:46 AM
Robbed - 2
Assualted - Neg 6
Murder - 6 (It says that I drink too much in public. :eek: I guess that ONE glass of wine, or ONE beer with dinner at a resturant is TOO MUCH. :confused: )

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Gusgus ]

jim
08-14-2001, 07:06 AM
I'm not too sure what this means :(

Robbed 145
Attacked 3
Murdered 26

Jim V
08-14-2001, 08:08 AM
FWIW:::
Robbed: -11
Beaten: - 17
Murdered: -24

tree
08-14-2001, 08:30 AM
Burglary = 29 ...gotta fix the double hung windows.
Assault = 8
Murder = 12.... says I should apply to be a police officer... Now there's a laugh. My down fall..... as an elected official who appears on TV, I am exposed to loonies. Some could say that its the Loonies who are at risk :)

Kinda funny, as I took the test, it asked how many loaded guns were within 15 feet of me. And here right next to me was my trusty Makarov.
:D

I guess I fared pretty well. Pretty much a low risk guy, who happens to carry a gun.

Frenchy
08-14-2001, 10:00 AM
ROBBED.....33

ASSAULTED.....3

MURDERED......3

(it says that local Metro Police is looking for new officers) I'll have to tell my boss (Sheriff) that!! :)

Bubba
08-14-2001, 11:10 AM
LOL... Training pays off folks....

Robbed -------> -25
Assaulted -------> 4 - (only because I travel so much)
Murdered ------> -37

Yes... I live in Condition Yellow.. all the time...

Know your surroundings... and play the What if Games..

I bet LAsur5r scored even lower than I did.. ;)

Sleepy
08-14-2001, 11:53 AM
Beaten : 2
Robbed : -9
Murder: 3

Considering I have been all except murdered (obviously) maybe that is why my chances are lower? I think they didn't ask the right questions on murder though as I am sure my chances are way higher than that :eek:

Gunslinger
08-14-2001, 12:39 PM
I didn't take the test again because I took it about a year ago. When I took it at that time they told me that NPD was hiring and I should fill out an application. *LOL*
I guess that means I made the right career choice twentyfive years ago. ;)

There is a lesson here in that Rammy, being a nongun owner scored as being at greater risk. (No offense intended Rammy.....but then you know that. ;)) I wonder what would happen if one of us took the time to take the test twice; Once truthfully as a gun owner and then with identical answers but removing the guns for self protection and compared all scores.

BadMedicine
08-14-2001, 06:31 PM
Beaten= 49
Murdered= 53
burglary= 26

This is a quote from the highest risk category in the Beaten test...I thought it was funny :)

You are obviously having a fun life but to make it through another year it would be advisable to take up jogging, martial arts, firearms and carry a police officer with you when you go out.

Does anybody know what kinda holster I would need forthis?? Do they make "Thunderpants" with a pouch this big...hmmm...I'm gonan have to give this one some more thought :D

Old Soldier
08-14-2001, 07:43 PM
Here is my scores:

Beaten
My total is -14.

(Negative score) A minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger FROM YOU. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger.

Murder
My total is 9.

(Less than 20)The Metropolitan Police Department is hiring. Look at our main page for hiring details if you think you qualify as a police officer

Burglary
My total is 17.

(Less than 50) This score shows a low risk of burglary. The lower your score, the lower your chances of being burglarized. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

USP45usp
08-14-2001, 10:49 PM
I took em in the order Fud posted em:

first: 68
Second: -4 (criminal beware, I think it was the carring without "permission" from state/feds.
Third: 23

Bur... : I think it was this high due to my collection.

Third (murder): I guess I think I'm free and will do things that free people do.. just my guess.

USP45usp

kamakaze
08-14-2001, 11:43 PM
Cool test.. I *SWEAR* I didn't cheat! Results...

Beaten: Your total is 0.

(0 to 50) This score shows a low risk of assault. You are either highly cautious or a poor target. You should not be foolishly overconfident however. Keep up the precautions and take the test again next month and don't fudge on your points. It has simply gotten too dangerous to use an ATM (automatic teller machine) after dark. Recommend ATM machines to be placed in police substations.

Murder: Your total is 7.

(Less than 20)The Metropolitan Police Department is hiring. Look at our main page for hiring details if you think you qualify as a police officer.
You face more criminal (per capita) in the big city. That adds to some of your risk, but hey...

Burglary: Your total is -7.

(Less than 50) This score shows a low risk of burglary. The lower your score, the lower your chances of being burglarized. It seems you take many sensible precautions. Many who score 25 or less are apartment dwellers.Steel doors helped you a lot on this test. Make sure you keep them locked.You won't be able to call anyone after they cut your phone lines. If you have a cellular phone -- take it inside with you and make sure it has battery power.Add a perimeter alarm on your house and reap the security benefits and lower insurance costs.Workers have seen what you have and where it is located. Dry wallers and painters, non-licensed contractors and pavers are notorious for coming back when you aren't there. Limit more exposure inside. Most are honest, but...

Ramangel
08-15-2001, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Gunslinger:
<STRONG>
There is a lesson here in that Rammy, being a nongun owner scored as being at greater risk. (No offense intended Rammy.....but then you know that. ;)).</STRONG>

Good point Slinger. :)
But I took that test early in the morning, not thinking clearly :D
I forgot to add the - on my answers. Only the murder one didn't have a - attached. The reason for no - on the murder score was attributed to my answering yes on the divorced/separated question. :p
Because I am a female living alone & unarmed I am very safety cautious.
I know that having a gun would be even better. But since I don't have one, I think I am pretty well covered in other areas. :)

Turtlenapper
08-15-2001, 02:33 AM
Well here it is.........

45 Burglary
0 Assualted
34 Murdered

This is only because if some ******* came at me,
I get really mad and shoot first and then asked
questions.SORRY JUST ME :rolleyes:

Gunslinger
08-15-2001, 05:35 PM
Rammy, you skewed my theory then. But all the same it sounds as though you are in a low risk factor, which is far more important than my theory. But maybe if you had a gun you to could hire on to NPD. Think of it, after a time the entire PD would be nothing but Triple F'ers. ;)

Turtle, if you tell them about your Mafia connections that would have to affect your score. Of course I don't know if your risk factor would go up (a visit from Luigi with an offer you can't refuse) or go down (do not mess with me or I will sic my Godfather on you.). ;)

Dennis Olson
08-15-2001, 11:16 PM
Robbed: -1
Assaulted: 23
Murderd: 1

guerrilla1138
08-16-2001, 02:29 AM
Beaten: 44
Murder: 29
Robbed:42

And on the tests for Students...I am not at risk, but would be if I hadnt done the D.A.R.E program.... :rolleyes:
Altho under the same test my girlfriend is at risk...altho I didnt need to be told that my some test... :(

Interesting...at the very least interesting things......

Skirmisher
08-16-2001, 09:24 AM
Robbery-49- need a house alarm and less windows that access the doors.

Assaulted-27- either I am highly cautious or a poor target (64 year old female) and I was warned to stay away from ATM machines at night.

Murder-18-They advised me to cut down on media exposure, but then someone had to go on TV to get our CCW reform law passed and who else better than a woman who defended herself with a gun?? :D

Kalvan
08-16-2001, 07:06 PM
Aslt 22
Murder -14
Burglarized 9

"...and I was warned to stay away from ATM machines at night."

I don't do this any more, but when I took this test a few years ago they dinged me on this (I had done it once or twice during the preceding year). Of course, they hadn't allowed for the fact that my significant other (a competition shooter and firearms instructor) was covering me with one cocked and locked .45 while I had another one on my hip.

jsr5
08-22-2001, 01:38 PM
Well I definitely need to work on my Burglary score of 68. The others arent as good as I could have hoped for but, acceptable with 17 for Assault and 19 for murder.

WyldOne
08-22-2001, 05:08 PM
grr.

beaten: 56.

murder: 30.

burglary: 84.
You are a good potential victim for burglary. Any precautions you take are superficial...Living close to a high crime area is a bummer. (LOL a bummer. hmm. yup. :))

:eek: i'm so screwed!!! :eek:

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: WyldOne ]

If you enjoyed reading about "What are your chances of being Robbed, Attacked or Murdered? Take the TEST!" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!