How to reassemble

PDA
jwolfe152
09-05-2010, 01:37 AM
I have a Rohm RG10 .22LR revolver that my grandpa gave to me, it used to be his dad's. Well first off the gun had not been fired in god only knows how long, so I get my bullets and load it, went through a whole box every shot fired first time but the aim was terrible (might have been the fact I have only fired a few guns a few times). When I was finished I started looking it over and there is all kinds of dirt and dust, so, I start taking out pins and screws to clean every thing well I got to the trigger and it slid out and I did not get the chance to see how it all went back. So my question is does anyone know how it goes together and is there a way you can show/tell me? Now I know they are cheaply made and usually don't last long but I would still like for it to shoot so please don't tell me to junk it or forget about it, I don't mean to sound like a jerk I know they are cheap. Really its mostly sentimental. Thank-you in advance for any helpful information.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to reassemble" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!
sharps_74
09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
While I am not sure how to tell you to put it back together, I will say that it is likely that it did not need to be disassembled to be cleaned. (Hind sight is always 20/20.) We do have many gunsmiths and tinkerers on here and I am sure that on of our family members will stop by to help. In the mean time, please stop by the new member forum and say howdy.

Old Soldier
09-06-2010, 06:54 AM
The best thing to do is take it to a gunsmith and have him put it back to gather for you, there is not an Exploded View for it.

gmcfixer
09-06-2010, 07:54 AM
This was your great grandfathers? He got taken when he bought it. Rohm RG10s are known for being the worst handgun on the planet. The company went out of business in 86 if I remember right, one guy I knew called them the 60s version of the "saturday night special". These guns have very little value money wise and generally fail more often than work correctly. I do understand that it must have value to you since it was your great grandfathers, if you find somebody to put it together without it costing an arm and a leg, don't shoot the gun. I'm serious about the poor quality, they where made in a factory in West Germany (not too far from where I was born) that made garbage to export. Normally German made products are great but this is an insult to german manufacturing. I would hate to see you get the gun together and then get hurt when it comes apart or you try to use it to defend yourself and the other guy has a quality gun.

I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, I'm just trying to be honest with you about the quality of the gun. I'll even admit my dad owned an RG in 38 special that my brother has. He shot the gun once and he could hit much at all with it, so he clean it and put it up.

dfariswheel
09-06-2010, 09:33 PM
The Rohm revolvers were assembled at the factory using slave pins and special holding jigs.

The best advice was to take it to a gunsmith.

Stevejet
09-07-2010, 02:44 AM
My first handgun was the RG Model 66 .22 with LR & Mag cylinders bought in 1971. I have it right here and other than a Trigger Guard that has but one screw near the front (the rear of the guard slips into the grip frame) and the Trigger and Cylinder Lock Bolt share the same frame screw I don't know what your difficulty is. If you will provide some detail as to what troubles you, I can read it and take my gun apart to coax you thru the re-assembly.....tomorrow tho'....it's late here. So give me some description and we can tackle the beast tomorrow, OK?

gmfixer - just because every odd chamber shaves about 20% of the lead bullet, so what? Shooting the RG is suppose to be fun and challenging!

oldtimer
09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I bought a couple to use while fishing and they were generally loaded with rat shot. The bores were so tight that .22 shorts would stick in the barrel. The reason I bought several was that they were so cheap, it would have been worth more than the gun for a gunsmith to work on them.

Stevejet
09-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Seems I jumped the starting blocks on this one without comprehending that the gun in question is an RG 10 while mine is an RG 66 single action. Apologies.

If you enjoyed reading about "How to reassemble" here in the FamilyFriendsFirearms.com archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join FamilyFriendsFirearms.com today for the full version!