Go Back   Family, Friends, Firearms > The Corner Gun Shop > Revolvers

Revolvers For the "wheelgun" crowd.

Welcome to Family, Friends & Firearms - Home of the Triple-F Ranch.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have less advertisements, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #61
Mike Weber

Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of Mike Weber has much to be proud of
Probably not something that would interest me. I prefer .22 rimfire for target, plinking and small game, and calibers of .38 Special/.357 Mag and up for my other revolver needs.

Mike Weber
Mike Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #62
Old John

Old John has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Weber View Post
Probably not something that would interest me. I prefer .22 rimfire for target, plinking and small game, and calibers of .38 Special/.357 Mag and up for my other revolver needs.
Yeah, it's the same here. A couple .22lr Revolvers here. I'm already stock up with various .357 revolvers and a lever action carbine. I'm pretty happy with what I have. Don't think I'll switch to .327's.

'Til Later,
Old John

Learn your Gun. Learn your Load.
Shoot it & Shoot it Well.
That's the best anyone can do.
Live Deliberately!
Old John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #63
Philrich01

Philrich01 will become famous soon enough
My ole Pop was a Big .32 calibre fan. He left me a pristine NIB S&W 16-4 which shoots like a gem. He also left me an old Colt Army Special in 32-20, as well as numerous .32 S&W and .32 S&W long firearms. The .32 is (arguably) one of the most accurate calibres out there.

I have fired a 32-20 at over 2000fps out of a very strong 32-20 lever action rifle ... WOW! I would love to have a hunting revolver and rifle in .327, a natural progression from earlier .32's; fun, hard hitting excitement.-Phil
Philrich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #64
gunfan

gunfan is a glorious beacon of light gunfan is a glorious beacon of light gunfan is a glorious beacon of light gunfan is a glorious beacon of light gunfan is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome Phil. I am a big .32 caliber fan too, and have 4 revolvers (three in .32 long, one in .32 H&R Magnum) and one Auto chambered in the ubiquitous .32 ACP.

Scott
gunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #65
slowrider

slowrider has disabled reputation
diging up a relic of a thread but

Ruger has now chambered the singl 6... uh single seven for 327 federal, I just picked mine up with a 5.5" barrel and will test it Friday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy View Post
will a cylinder for the 327 fit in the frame window for a 32 H&R mag?

i had read some complaining that ruger diid not put the 327 in the single six and the reason was because of the size of the existing window in the frame to accomodate the length of the cartridge.
slowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:16 AM   #66
slowrider

slowrider has disabled reputation
Great single action!

This is the first quality single action I've ever owned 9though more than double the price of mu Haritage 32 H&R so can't knock it much.
The extra barrel length gives the expected higher velocities and the bonus of less felt muzzle blas, very fun gun. That said I would enjoy the same or slightly longer barrel quality DA revolver.
One interesting observation on Gunblast while shooting all barrel lengths of the single seven the 5.5" barrel had the highest velocities dispite the tighter cylinder gap on the 4 5/8ths barrel and the greater lenth og the 7.5" version. I think the available factory loads may favor the 5.5" barrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
Ruger has now chambered the singl 6... uh single seven for 327 federal, I just picked mine up with a 5.5" barrel and will test it Friday!
slowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #67
oldtimer

oldtimer is a glorious beacon of light oldtimer is a glorious beacon of light oldtimer is a glorious beacon of light oldtimer is a glorious beacon of light oldtimer is a glorious beacon of light oldtimer is a glorious beacon of light
The old Smith and Wesson Military and Police (Model 10) could be had in either .32-20 or .38 Special. The trouble was that some people used the high velocity .32-20 while the handguns were meant for the low velocity version. Barrel lengths were up to 6 1/2 inches. The .327 operates at around 45,000 CUP, which is much higher than the original .32-20 or the .32 H&R Magnum. I think an L frame Smith would be very popular in .327, especially in the longer barrel lengths. One word of caution, one article I read recently indicated the Ruger single Seven had a higher velocity in the 5 1/2 inch barrel than the 7 1/2 incher, and the 4 5/8 barrel was not very far behind. I settled on the 5 1/2 inch barrel for my Single Seven
oldtimer is online now   Reply With Quote